Internal Complaints Procedure
We at First Target Recoveries aim to provide you with the highest standards of service. However, if at any point you become unhappy with the service we have provided to you or you have concerns about your bill then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you.
However, there may be occasions when our service falls short of your expectations.
This easy to use guide is designed to help you make us aware of your views so we can address your concerns.
Your concerns should be addressed to:
First Target Recoveries – Complaints Officer
Carrington Business Park
Telephone: 0800 028 9937
1. Complaints may be made in writing, by e-mail, by telephone or in any other form in respect of a claims management service that we have provided and that is regulated under the Compensation Act 2006.
2. We reserve the right to decline to consider a complaint that is made more than six months after you became aware of the cause of the complaint. There may be instances where we will waive this requirement at our discretion. We will confirm to you in writing if a complaint has been made outside the time limit that we are prepared to consider.
3. We will send you a written or electronic acknowledgement of a complaint within five business days of receipt.
4. Within eight weeks of receiving a complaint we will send you either:
A final response which adequately addresses the complaint; or
A response which:
Explains why we are still not in a position to make a final response, giving reasons for the further delay and indicating when we expect to be able to provide a final response.
5. Where we decide that redress is appropriate, we will provide you with fair compensation for any acts or omissions for which we are responsible and will comply with any offer of redress which you accept. Appropriate redress will not always involve financial redress.
6. If you are not satisfied with our response, or if a complaint is not resolved after eight weeks, you may refer the complaint to the Legal Ombudsman . Their contact details are as follows:
Call 0300 555 0333 between 8.30am to 5.30pm.
Calls to 03 numbers will cost no more than calls to national geographic numbers (starting 01or 02) from both mobiles and landlines.
Calls are recorded and may be used for training and monitoring purposes.
For minicom call 0300 555 1777
PO Box 6804,
Do not send original documents to the Legal Ombudsman. They will scan any documents you send us to make computer copies and then destroy the originals.
7. The Legal Ombudsman can review the handling of the complaint and can give a direction on further handling of the complaint. They may also award compensation where they deem necessary.
8. A copy of this complaints procedure is also available on our website: www.firsttargetrecoveries.co.uk